12 Oct Things that make me nervous
I fancy myself a fairly laid-back parent. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers. But toddlers have a way of pushing the limits, and I realized that there are some things that inevitably jack up my heart rate a few notches. I started a list.
1) The sound of the toilet flushing. This could mean a) that B went potty without asking for my help. YAY! or b) It could mean that she flushed a toy, an entire roll of toilet paper, or worse…
2) Silence. As long as B is awake, the house is NOT silent. When it is, I know mischief is afoot.
3) Miles eating a new food he REALLY loves. I’ve never seen a baby who can cram as much chow into his plump little cheeks as Miles does. It doesn’t matter how small I cut his food and how closely I supervise him; I worry about him choking.
4) Miles’ problem-solving. This at once makes me very proud and very nervous. Have you seen an 11-month-old who can unbuckle the safety belt on a grocery cart all by himself? Meet Miles.
5) The realization that I’ve misplaced my Sharpie (or lipstick, or scissors….)
6) Waking up to the realization that B has been awake for MUCH longer than I have. I can usually tell by the toys strewn across the house or the fact that she’s gotten herself dressed and helped herself to milk from the fridge. Makes me wonder what else she’s been up to while the rest of us were snoozing…
I’m sure I’ll have more to add soon.
What about you? What are your tell-tale signs that trouble’s a-brewin’??